Monday, June 18, 2007

Language of Flowers

Yesterday, because of the day and other's posts, I was looking for a poem I wrote for Weaselboy when my father died some years ago. The passing of his beloved grandfather was a big event in his life. Of course, I couldn't find it.

What I did find, however, was a peice I was looking for and had spoken of earlier in this blob. So for Wendy, Lynn, Mel, as promised, I offer:



Language of Flowers
for Fran


Bundle of Reeds with their panicles.
Music.

Justica. The perfection of female beauty.
Walnut, Butterfly Orchids, Lupine.
Intelligence, gaiety, imagination.

Hawthorn. Hope.
Dwarf Sunflower, single Red Rose, Lucern.
Adoration, Love, Life.
Cedar Leaf. I live for you.

Candytuft. Lobelia, Yellow Balsam!
Indifference, malevolence, impatience.
Hortensia. You are cold.

Marigold. Yellow Chrysantheum. Mourning Bride.
Grief, slighted love. I have lost all.

Basil. Hatred.
Clotsfoot. Justice shall be done.

Gum Cistus. I shall die tomorrow.

Helenium. Tears.
Bittersweet Nightshade. Truth.
White Poppie, White Poplar. Sleep. Time.
Flos Adonis. Painful recollections.
Hawthorn.
Lesser Celandine. Joy to come.
Bundle of Reeds with their panicles.


S.P.

6 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

(((sharkie)))

Let me compare thee to a 'rose'.....

sharkie..... as usual, your posts are stunning......

x

OrdinaryShark said...

Marmy;
Lesser Celandine. Bundle of Reeds with their panicles.

Anonymous said...

Oh, damn, I don't speak "flower". The closest I come is "Hope for the Flowers" by Trina Paulus, a lovely little book given to me by a patient long ago.

Thanks, OShark.
I appreciate the origination of intention.

--

MarmiteToasty said...

spraying ya with bug spray cos roses get those bugs things LOL

x

Spilling Ink said...

Sharkie, this is very special. You have a special way, you know... Thank you for stopping in at my place. I've been a little down for a couple of days and trying to pull out of it. I'm glad I feel a little better and it's a pleasure to come over here to visit with you.

OrdinaryShark said...

PT- I have that book, a gift from a friend in college. You don't need to speak the language, they speak to you.

Marmy- no stinking sprays in here, /cough, cough/, outta here with that stuff. You gotta use praying manises if ya got bugs - organic, you know.

Lynn- very simply, you are simply welcome. There will be flowers in your future.